Wednesday 27 March 2013

Revelation: Why Tuface and Annie Wedded in Dubai

The answer to the question "Why Did Tuface Wed in Dubai?" will probably end like "...what she wants".

Initially when I heard about Tuface's wedding in Dubai, I was crazy...I couldn't understand why. This is someone we all loved and wished the best for and yet he couldn't even let us have the chance of sharing a wonderful moment in his life with him. I thought how foolish it was to leave your country and go to tie the knot in a strange land where you have little or nothing to do there. 

Then it occurred to me that I could be wrong....I mean "what if his bride's parents lived their?" Yet it was hard to shrug off the idea, as the wedding was something far above Tuface. Tuface is a super star, and he is one because millions of people think he is cool! As a star, you stop belonging to yourself, you become a public property and so everything you want would be crosschecked by your fans (not fair though, but that is what you get for the paparazzi).

Later, Boko Haram crossed my mind. I immediately discarded it. Those guys don't bomb weddings or attack super stars and even Tu Baba knows that. They still have a large gang of politicians to deal with, a superstar would be a complete distraction.

I also thought it was just about the swag. Then I asked myself which swag? Dubai na glorified Alaba Market...love-net far from im description!  Also, Tuface doesn't strike me as the type that believe swag is about travelling abroad to host shows. He gets his real swag doing his thing here in Nigeria. 

Much later, when I logged into my facebook, I saw countless posts and updates, criticizing Tuface for what he did. Before, the wedding, people were very impressed that he had finally stopped acting like a boy. There were messages of happy married life for Tu Baba spread across the internet and everybody was looking forward to the day, it came as a shock to many when they discovered few days to the wedding that the ceremony was fixed in Dubai.

It was a shock to me too and I was heart broken. It felt like Tuface doesn't regard me one bit. It was painful because, he is my favourite musical artist. Don't think it was such a big deal o! I wasn't that beaten up, I just didn't see it coming and I couldn't understand why.

But days on, while I was reading through one of the updates criticizing him for what he did I suddenly realized that he might have done it just for his bride: maybe that was "what she want"(ed). As I thought more about it, I knew I was right. I came to love him more. I imagined what he risked to make sure he delivered the first marital wish of his bride. Tuface, is a confirm "Naija boy". He would never have given up acting like a naija boy, except it was really necessary.

That thought gave me peace on the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Its Larry Moore, please don't leave without sharing your thoughts